The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week has been a super busy week (hence the late post). Liam and I spent the week down with my parents and helped celebrate my sweet Grandaddy’s 80th birthday.
He doesn’t look 80 does he? He doesn’t act it either 😉 We had a blast visiting and playing. Liam is now exhausted thanks to it!
Reading wise I started the week off strong then got stuck on a book I’m not really sure if I’ll finish. I seriously struggled with the plot and characters 🙁
I was the featured blogger this week on Alison Can Read / Parajunkee’s View which was both exciting and humbling. I’m still in shock. But seriously it made my day 😀 How was your week?
I’m seriously struggling with this one! I started it on Wednesday and I’m only about 75% through with it. The characters and plot just aren’t holding my attention. I switched to the audio version and I’m focusing on it a little better now, so hoping to finish it this week.
I started this book last night. So far it is good though I’m struggling a bit with the whole Breeders issue.
Last Week on the Blog
- Ice Country by David Estes ★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #22 – So Many Books, So Little Time
- Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly ★★★★
- The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister ★★★★
- Fast Forward by Juliet Madison ★★★★
- Broken Skies by Theresa Kay ★★★★★
- Feature and Follow Friday #2 – FEATURED BLOGGER!!!
- Sunday Post #17 – Celebrating Another Big Birthday
Coming Up this Week
- Persuaded by Misty Dawn Pulsipher – review
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – review
- Waiting on Wednesday | Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Timebound by Rysa Walker – review
- Feature & Follow | This week’s question “Do you post your reviews anywhere besides your blog?” hosted by Alison @ Alison Can Read and Parajunkee @ Parajunkee’s View.
- Saturday Shorts | Spearwood Academy Vol. 3 & 4 by A.S. Oren – reviews
Dusting Off The Shelves
So I didn’t meet my goal this week on the read-a-thon. I had set a goal of 4 books, but stalled out on the third 🙁 But I did read some really cute, semi-clean romances! Total I read 652 pages starting Monday through Friday which equaled about 2.5 books.
This Week’s Book Fix
I didn’t purchase a single book this week!!! My hubby was quite proud 😉
All covers link to Goodreads.
- Darkness of Light by Stacey Marie Brown
- Dissever by Tracey Ward
- Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay
- Written in Red & Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
None…my husband was so proud 😉
- Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
- As Red as Blood & As White as Snow by Salla Simukka
- Dust by Sarah Daltry
Thank you to Delacorte Press, Skyscrape and Sarah for this week’s review copies!
What are you reading this week?
This week is shaping out to be a laid back kind of week. My husband is off work tomorrow (woohoo!) so long weekend for us and I really have no plans besides Bible Study. Truly I’m looking forward to being able to get some cleaning done and some reading 😉 What are your plans this week?